Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Music Time with Corey Gile

This song was written by Corey Gile and I while serving together in the California San Jose Mission.  We were able to come up with a tune and write the lyrics in about 20 minutes....it must have been inspiration!


To the Unknown Missionary
By:  Alexander Rupp and Corey Gile

We have been called to serve for two full years, filled with many sleepless nights, and pillows covered in my tears.  Others may be lonely or sometimes even bored, but it’s in times like these that I need to put my trust in the Lord.

Lead me, guide me, walk beside me show me just who I can be, I have faith in you Lord, please have faith in me.  Lead me guide me walk beside me help me find the way teach me all that I must do to live with you some day.

Putting on this shirt and tie to others it may seem quite strange, riding around on bikes, or even walking in the rain.  It’s insane the trials that we choose to go through, but as I lose myself, I’m becoming more and more like you.

Lead me, guide me, walk beside me show me just who I can be, I have faith in you Lord, please have faith in me.  Lead me guide me walk beside me help me find the way teach me all that I must do to live with you some day.

Now my purpose, I hope you feel the same, in this time that I get to wear a tag that bears your name.  Help me to help others fell all of your love, and return to you and Father, in our great big home up above.

Lead me, guide me, walk beside me show me just who I can be, I have faith in you Lord, please have faith in me.  Lead me guide me walk beside me help me find the way teach me all that I must do to live with you some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment